Before you keto diet, see this!
What is keto?
The ketogenic diet mostly called keto diet has become one of the most sort means of weight loss as everyone keeps talking about it. It is quite interesting and it has lots of benefits to the body; it reduces proneness to disease and improves one's health status, it increases your body metabolism and muscle.
Lots of people have experienced starvation in the bid to reduce health risk and stay fit or reduce weight but yet it all ends in the same story; only a little or no result was observed. Unlike the usual weight losing techniques, keto diet allows you the opportunity to eat well and still burn that fat.
Keto diet contains high fat, low carbohydrate and moderate protein which helps the body burn ketones (fat) instead of glucose (carbohydrate). Wondering how eating fat would help you lose weight? Then check below!
How does it work?
Keto diet which usually contains about 75% fat, 5% carbohydrate and about 20% protein, starves the body of glucose and doesn’t store up fat, but burns it.
- Due to little intake of carbohydrate, the body would begin to lack in glucose. Glucose fuels the body with energy.
- The demand for glucose remains so the body takes up already stored glucose from the liver and other parts of the body to supply the cells.
- After the already stored glucose is used up, an alternative source of energy is needed (such as ketones)
- Since there is an increased intake of fat, the ketones are produced by the liver from fat and can be used as a replacement for glucose.
- Finally, fat becomes the primary fuel for the body.
Appetite hormone such as Insulin is reduced when there is a little intake of carbohydrate, the rate of hunger decreases and leaves you feeling filled up.
Why everyone chooses the keto diet
- Aside from its benefits to weight loss, ketogenic diets also have a wide range of other benefits to the body.
- Keto diet because of fat loss is suitable for people with pre-diabetes or type 2 -diabetes to keep them, and away from a health crisis.
- It also helps with other neurological issues or health issues related to metabolisms, such as heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, brain injuries or cancer.
Keto is ineffective... Look again!
Keto may seem to be yielding no result because you're thinking you couldn't eat real food. If this is the case, look through your diets once again and ensure to eat foods that are clean and healthy for the brain and also take on veggies. Avoid stress through sleep and routine movement.
Don’t go around eating high-fatty foods, let your diet include fiber, vitamin B, and minerals. To this, get a doctor or registered dietitian for a better ketogenic diet that ensures and maintains a standard health status.
To maintain an appropriate level of ketone in the body, the diet should be followed accordingly. Since amino acids can be converted into glucose, moderate protein is adopted to ensure and maintain lean body muscle mass, while allowing the production of ketones.
Definitely, our body systems are different and react separately to the different diets, although only a few non-effective reports have been recorded, the ketogenic diet may not be beneficial to everyone.